Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sump'thing's going on

We are officially waterproofed in the basement. The drains and sump were installed in 2 days which barely left the cats any time to play in the world's best habitrail. I am really hoping that the big pile of dirt that the crew left in the basement overnight didn't get used as a litter box.

 Here's the big hole for the sump pump, right underneath the water heater.

Pongo in the trenches. This was the BEST.GAME.EVER.

This weekend, we took the project to the next level. We were able to start framing and despite lots of automated tools, we weren't that efficient at framing. We finished the entire north wall and barely started an interior wall that will be used for plumbing. Prior to framing, we hung up 6mm visqueen on the masonry and tucked it behind the drainage membrane in case there is any condensation. If that happens, it will be routed to the perimeter drain rather than the insulation we'll be putting up.

Here's the north wall all framed up. This corner from the panel and back to the window will be our future storage room.

Here's the lone interior wall--95" long that took most of Sunday to put up since there are so many pieces of plumbing and ductwork to work around (and that is without actually building any soffits yet).

No comments: